Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andy PotaninAdminAndy Potanin (Project Director, Usability Dynamics, Inc.) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature and one of the reasons I do not use this plugin more right now.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a standard feature in all real estate websites, this is the biggest missing part to WP-property it needs to be implemented asap

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'm having a nightmare coming up with my own alternative, users of property plugins want this feature

• Paul McCannPaul McCann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Second most requested feature and its not even under consideration?

Could we pay to have this implemented?

The way I see it working is in two ways.

1, when a user carries out a search they have the option of ticking a box on the search form which says 'Save this search for email alerts?'. Then when they click the search button it pops up a box confirming what they have searched for and asking for their email, name and a few other details.

Each different type of search should be stored in the DB regardless of whether a user has requested alerts, this table will soon fill up with all the different types of searches possible.

These details added by user are then stored in the database and used to create an account, with a flag against which search they requested/carried out.

If they carry out future searches, and tick the box again, these searches can also pop up a box saying this alert has been added to your alerts portfolio. Once they are passed this point the pop up window will close and the user will be taken to the search results. Obviously if a user doesnt tick the box to save searches it just takes them to the search results.

When on the search results page there should also be a call to action to 'save the search results as an email alert', to try and get more people signed up.

When new properties are added, a process should look at the property and if it matches any of the stored searches, if it does, send an email to all the users that have flagged that search. This obviously needs to be done on a regular basis.

This could be done in two stages, when properties are added, they are matched to a search and then the property id stored against the user/s who are flagged to be watching that search. Then on a set basis another process goes through the users looking for those which have properties assigned to them, and sending out an email about that 1 or more properties, updating the table with when the email was sent if you want to keep reports/stats based on number of emails sent to a user and about which properties, to allow for follow ups.

The email to the user should include details of each property search type they have signed up to, to avoid them getting lots of emails. The email should contain, a title, location, photo thumbnail and of course a link to unsubscribe.

The unsubcribe link should allow them to access a page within their account which outlines what property search alerts they are signed up too, and allow them to delete just one or all the alerts.

By saving searches in this way, you can provide stats on the types of properties people are looking for.

This could potentially use a huge amount of email sending, so it should also be considered to hand the emails off to a queing service to take the strain of the server. Something like amazon SES, for which their is already a WP plugin.

Im happy to look into this and help document it. I also need it pretty quickly so happy to pay for development of the functionality I require.

• Adam ShrumAdam Shrum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Andy, the e-mail alert should be triggered based on a cookie.

If a user submits their contact info via wp-crm or logs into the site via wp-property a cookie should be stored in their browser.

Anytime the user comes back and visits an e-mail should be shot off to them.

The triggers, emails, and other settings should all be configurable in the backend.

See Rent.com for a good example of how this works. Once you sign up for an account there you will get e-mails periodically, and if you come back for a visit after a few days you will start getting e-mails from Rent.com again.

• JimmyJimmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an idea from 2011. Its not an idea anymore , but its a must for any real estate site. Seems that development on this plugin has stopped for a long time.

• MimoMimo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news? The only reason because i dont buy your plugin is for this, this feature is a must do It and i will buy wp-property

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Kris,
        Would like to, but now the XML-importer keeps me busy. Somehow it does not seem to allow me to map more than 28 attributes. I need to map 230. Furthermore, I can reach the other programmer that helped me with that. Obviously I want to ask his permission first.
        Anywho - sorry for not being able to tackle that problem right now. First I need that XML import to work.

• KrisKris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Peter -- would love to work together on a solution with you. I need to deliver this functionality for a client and I'm sort of starting from scratch. Can you share what you have so far? k r i s @ k 5 - d e s i g n . c o m

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anybody interested in working on an solution together? Maybe on Github? I got started already (not on Github) and it worked. But haven't used it for quite a while since me site is still not ready to launch - unfortunately. So, now for some reason it doesn't work anymore.
        UD - would be great if you contribute to it. Or you can offer to purchase the finished plugin from me/us, if there should be something coming out of it.

• KundanKundan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

whats done is done this feature is not avilable at this time .but i need to have it in my site so can any one suggest me same or i will have to try develop my own plugin for this task only

my rest site is almost created

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I just purchased wp-property and though it would come with it. This is a mandatory thing!

• BruceBruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is mandatory in 2012!
        I guess tho that it's not coming given the age of the comments/requests in here. (?)

• FawkesFawkes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Certainly a must have when most other agencies have this feature. I tried the Subscribe2 plugin for a subscription in general and you can subscribe to specific categories. Maybe it's possible to add the property attributes to this?

• Shaun WakefieldShaun Wakefield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why not integrate it with the CRM, that is what I am currently working on, it makes sense to integrate as the client can use this information for a whole host of uses

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this feature as well!

If a user search for specific kind of properties it would be great if the visitor could save that search. If a new (or renewed) property meets these specific atributes the visitor receives an email. Once a week/day/selectable?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base