How can we improve WP-Property?

Products multilingual support

Could you make WP-Property working with multilingual WPML plugin in order to enter properties descriptions in other languages?

210 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alexandre GASTAUDAlexandre GASTAUD shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ActiveNewDesign.comActiveNewDesign.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Regarding the multilingual issue(s), has anyone used http://marketpress.com/product/multilingual-press-pro/ ? The main advantage other solutions do not have appears to be the following: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/need-help-press-pro-details?replies=2

"The Pro version hava many more features and helpers for maintenance a multilingual site. The big difference to WPML is, that we not change the database or other requirements of WP, it works also without the plugin. You can always go back to default of WP, the site works. You can always deactivate the plugin, it works. The plugin is a helper, not a havy change in the core install. Also it is easy to update the WP install; the single requirement is the mu install, thats all."

I would be interested to share experiences and thoughts on this.

• Real Estate AgentReal Estate Agent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anybody managed to entierely translate WP Property with WPML plug in for Wordpress? What about compatibility? Is it possible to translate property attributs and all the rest? Thank you for any idea or answer about how to make WP Property multilingual as it is not by default and it is a really important feature for any real estate agent.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a page with a simple step by step tutorial explaining how to localise the denali theme with a file repository with the relevant .mo and .po files. Getting REALLY frustrated with the time I spend looking for very basic info :-(

• NickiNicki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd rather it worked with qTranslate than WPML as it is a cumbersome plugin to try to understand. I'm not sure I could get my clients to understand how to work with WPML as I struggle with it myself. qTranslate is much more streamlined.

• Satu KalliomaaSatu Kalliomaa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So is the WP-Property compatible with WPML or not? I would like to have an answer before buying WPML... Thanks!

• NickiNicki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good if the property page could work with qTranslate and have multi lingual descriptions and features for each property. This is something I'm going to need quite often as my clients deal with many nationalities.

• hotelduwebhotelduweb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to have multi-lingual support for property attributes.
        Continue your great work.

• andreasandreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

twenty-ten uses a functions.php (plural).
        when I put an additional function.php in the same theme directory, then I get properties in both languages.
        when I add the code at the end of the original functions.php, then the page doesn´t show at all and tells me that the server is down, or the site is not configured correctly, or ...

• Alexandre GASTAUDAlexandre GASTAUD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

function.php file is not loaded: check filename and put it into your theme directory (or edit it if it's already existing)...

Okay, so now I got it to work; nasty detail: I see all properties, both english and spanish translations on the english and spanish versions, as well as in the "featured" widget. Been through the backend over and over again, where´s the detail that I am missing?

just updated to the new version, now the array_unique call is in line 2517
        (version is 1.20.1)

Alexandre, did that, nothing happened; this is where it says "// Remove duplicates;

Alexandre, thanks for the quick answer, I didn´t expect that. Hooray to you. Still ... is THIS where, or after the last } ?

array_unique($range[$searchable_attribute]);
        $matching_ids = apply_filters ('wpp_get_properties', $matching_ids);
        sort($range[$searchable_attribute], SORT_REGULAR);
        }
        }
        $result = $range;

if($cachefile) {
        $cachedir = dirname($cachefile);
        if (! is_dir($cachedir)) {
        wp_mkdir_p($cachedir);
        }
        @file_put_contents($cachefile, serialize($result));
        }
        }

return $result;
        }

thanks again

• Alexandre GASTAUDAlexandre GASTAUD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Andreas,
        Now it's line #1866.
        In a general way, look for the first array_unique call within the get_properties function...
        The function.php file can be wherever you want, i.e. in your theme directory.

Alexandre, thanks for the code, but now there´s a new version out, the line numbers don´t match. What now?
        And - the "separate function.php" is an extra file, I suppose, but goes in which directory?
        Thanks

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base