How can we improve WP-Property?

Change "For Sale" to Property Status and incorporate, for sale, pending, sold, for rent, etc...

Change "For Sale" to "Property Status" and from a checkbox to dropdown. Dropdown items would include, for sale, under contract or pending, sold, for rent, for lease, etc.

187 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    StephenStephen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ray ParkesRay Parkes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been the most requested feature for years and yet you still haven't implemented it!
        Property status for sale, sold, rented etc it is such a pain to implement and I would have expected it in any property based plug-in.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am baffled as to why this question is not in fact answered correctly! Why would you a property plugin not have this ability to begin with?

• R.J. ArcherR.J. Archer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

(See my post of 11-Dec-2012) I'm happy to report that v 3.2.6 of XML Importer is "stable" and has not trashed a single "Falls Under" field. I might also add that I use CSV files to feed Importer because they are easier than XML files (for me) to create and edit.

Looking at this to develop a site for agency that both sells and leases properties. Unsure if the system allows us to easily create categories for properties for sale and those for lease? Can someone assist, please?
        A post dated December 13, 2011 6:29 p.m. suggests it has to be manually created? Post reads;
        "This is probably the very first thing I did to the theme once I had it functional. I added a field called Property Status and set as a drop down to "Available, Rented, For Sale, For Rent."
        Thanks,

• R.J. ArcherR.J. Archer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I created and manage two WP-Property sites (one residential and one commercial) for a client that has more than 4,500 units in inventory. I created an "Available" attribute and run a weekly Importer process that updates this "flag" as necessary. I then modified the two major property listing pages I use to only display properties with the Available flag set to "Y". My scheme requires a lot of "outboard" processing due to the number of units involved and the fact that I have two different "classes" of properties - the buildings & complexes (parent records) and the individual rental units (child records). When a unit changes status, I have to check to see if that also effects the status of the building/complex. Unfortunately, I've had a lot of problems with Importer trashing the "Falls Under" field in the Worpress database.

After you do this, can you make this display in an order that is set-up, such as "For Lease" or "For Sale" to display at the top of the list, and "Leased" or "sold" at the bottom of the list? Can you display by City too?

• Simon FiceSimon Fice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about modifying the featured property plugin so it can display different properties depending on a variation of status's. For example on the homepage we have 4 featured properties listed (the random rotation feature would be great by the way but I digress), what we'd also like would be the ability to say display four images (in the same format as the featured property) of recently 'Let' properties.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is probably the very first thing I did to the theme once I had it functional. I added a field called Property Status and set as a drop down to "Available, Rented, For Sale, For Rent." Seems like that would be a great one to build in automatically, especially as mentioned about the "SOLD" layover.

• Riger99Riger99 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And... have the CSS display a sold image across one corner of the thumbnails, featured images, etc.

• billmichaelsbillmichaels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Stephen,
        Would adding a new Property Stat called "Property Status" on the Developers Tab under the Plugins Settings work? You could add it as a stat and then just change the status of the property under the properties post page.

Feedback and Knowledge Base