How can we improve WP-Property?

Filtering sub property types depending on selected parent property type

At the moment when in search widget you select certain property type, for example State, in property type City all the cities remain the same even though they don't belong to that state. Can there be some sort of drop-down menu in backend where you select that some property type (City) belongs to some other (State) so that in frontend in search widget when you select State it automatically removes all the Properties that don't belong to that parent property type?

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DSkylineDSkyline shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PeterUPeterU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

I'm looking for the exact same thing, and it is VERY hard to find. In the search filed, I would like to give a region, a county and a city. But I don't want to make people search over all the citys listed, even if they are not in the county their selected. So to make it clear... if their choose x region, than only the countys in X region should appear in the next search box, and when they have chosen the right county, only the cities located in that county should be selectable. I would not hesitate to pay for this, The only place I have seen it is the "FireStorm Real Estate Plugin", but that one has many many other issues uncorrected.

• ebrownebrown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add to this is would be great if not only the city/state relationship were filtered out, but also the other parameters created in the Developer Tab. If a city is selected, for example, only the prices associated with that city should be available in the prices search result, and so on.

• shaneoriordanshaneoriordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Am I restating what you are saying here?

Would like when you select State / County from the dropdown box that the Town/City dropdown list only displays towns/cities belonging to that state?

So County is Child of State and Town/City child of County?

Feedback and Knowledge Base