How can we improve WP-Property?

Integrate features from WP-Invoice to manage rented properties.

Merge some features from WP-Invoice to make it an all-in-one plugin to manage rent properties, specifically including client and billing management, tracking available spaces, etc. Similar to the Tenants only pages idea, those features are great too, but taking it a step further with a billing system.

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WebGuruWebGuru shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • pc heroespc heroes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a fantastic addition to our lettings website. Have you guys got any news on if this is something you are still considering ? very interested

• NevericNeveric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Payment History, Leasing Overview, Pay Managment (term, fees, etc). Also

• ToniToni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Boy would this be a huuuuge help to all my landlord and property management clients! I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

• richardsrichards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Assigning Tenants (and other User Types) to a Property and communicate with them and manage/create records that only the interested parties can create/edit/view would be a winner and I would be very interested to buy.

• DazzaDazza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Andy
        cos your a nice guy and I love your groups work feel free to pick my brains, I own and run the UKs largest online letting agent and also a number of bricks and mortar letting agencies in the UK,France and Spain. I wrote some property management software years ago that does rent record management, job record management, all that kind of stuff, so happy to help if you need any help.

I would agree that getting into 'property management' via rent records etc is a bit different to an advertising plugin and probably would be best suited to a specific plugin or a premium feature.

great idea though, I can tell you, companies in the UK charge thousands a year for their management software, hence why I wrote my own.

Thanks
        D

• JenniferJennifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm looking for a plugin that offers a "pay rent" option also. Let's not forget there is a huge market of property management groups that also manage rental properties or even specialize in apartment rentals, etc. So this option gets my vote!!

• Sam KoenigSam Koenig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Mark. Tenant specific links and functions with a specific property are better reserved for a separate plugin. A tenant only page for a login by "subscribers" or a universal login could function as a notice/communications page to notify owners of needed maintenance/problems, etc. Links to posts to tenants and documents would be nice. The ability to pay rent online would also be nice but should give owner only notice of payment rather than going to some kind of ledger. Keep that for a separate plugin.

• masterstrokemasterstroke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be worthwhile have a 'rent register' (like an excel spreadsheet) showing the rent paid, on what date, and what date next payment due, how long until tenancy expires. Other features - request maintenance, check box for automatic renewal request & term (6 months, 12 months) - agent to confirm, and confirmation shows new tenancy end date on spreadsheet. Also agent details and everything else below. Separate plugin idea fine - perhaps as a premium feature with Denali?

• ajnarajnar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding tenant features to a real estate sales is an advantage to many business that run both functions. The client pool is similar and they are in a position to make sales on both functions.
        Ability for a tenant to login and get his payment history, due dates for service payments, invoices, post messages to his agents et al

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the tenant option should be a different plugin. There are many more tenant/rental related functions you could add that have nothing to do with real estate sales.

• Sven JohanssonSven Johansson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the proposal and with the comments by Boris. This will help us small landlord provide a better service and indeed take WP Property to whole new level of usability and a true all round solution for landlord. Congratulations on your great work!

• BorisBoris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a small-time landlord, I'm always looking for ways to look more "professional". The WP-Property plug-in goes a long way in that quest. But if the tenant self-service enhancement can be implemented, it will take your plug-in to the next level, I believe. I cast an enthusiastic "YES"

Feedback and Knowledge Base