How can we improve WP-Property?

Unique Reference IDs for Properties

A basic feature this plugin is lacking of is the option generate a UNIQUE reference when posting a new property. It would be very easy for a customer to easily indicate/identify what property is he/her interested in.
A very robust implementation would be to be able to build some templates and based on them the unique reference to be generated when adding a new property. For example one reference could be "S2468" or "R1234" where "S" - sale, "R" - rent. The template in this case would be [string_1][unique_no] and available as a dropdown box selection.
This will help also the agents to identify more easily what the client is talking about.
There's also the option to add the post_id as a reference but it is not the best solution because you have no control of what's in the code.

I hope this will be added as soon as possible as well as the ability to search after this reference in back-end! Anyway keep up this plugin, it's great!

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FloFlo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just added an extra Attribute field for this ourselves, since we already have codes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base