How can we improve WP-Property?

Price min and max select boxes instead of text inputs

A number of threads on the forums and lots of promises of it being in a future update but still nothing. Basically having 2 select box menus instead of text inputs for Price. So a user can select min and max ranges. Clients always request this.

https://usabilitydynamics.com/products/wp-property/forum/topic/price-range-search/

https://usabilitydynamics.com/products/wp-property/forum/topic/search-widget-range-drop-down-list/

"What people seem to be after is the ability to have TWO dropdowns for something like Price one to set price min and one to set price max. I appreciate that this may seem un-necessary since you can do it with one dropdown (perhaps) but it is really crucial since just about every single property website I have ever seen does it this way and because of that this is what clients want and they are not happy if this is not what they get. So we need to be able to choose a ‘min max dropdowns’ option that outputs two select lists next to each other."

493 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  MaximMaxim responded  · 

The feature will be available in WP-Property 2.0.
    We are planning to launch WP-Property 2.0 on 3d August.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Roger HerbertRoger Herbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Max/ min displays and works OK, but, after search results displayed, max field is populated with min value.

• Roger HerbertRoger Herbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Max/ min displays and works OK, but, after search results displayed, max field is populated with min value.

• TessTess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The one dropdown range does not sort correctly. i.e.

100000-250000
        1000000-2500000
        300000-500000....

How do I correct this? Please help.

• mikemike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noitced there was a major upgrade for the plugin recently but cant find any doco on the site about the change log if this is in. Great to have this feel good system of asking for what is next but frustrating if it is just a PR stunt.

• mikemike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just saw this after putting in a request for a similar thing. I would like the default option to be available so that the user only has to enter a max or min value for price and the lower or higher value does not have to be displayed.

• Henry ParraHenry Parra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!!!! I have been trying to do the same but at present the range dropdown option is not working as you describe and I would like to have it that way for usability. Pun intended...

Feedback and Knowledge Base