I suggest you ...

Admin Access Restricted

Does anyone know how to give a user access ONLY to WP-Invoice and not the rest of the Wordpress Admin Screen ? It is very worrying for webmasters to have an accounts clerk in the web backend.

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alan WatsonAlan Watson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ian SIan S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are a lot of Access control plugins out there have you tried any.

• Brian LucasBrian Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I started by creating password protected pages for each client. On this page, I then post links to each invoice (the invoice link is already partially encrypted, so I'm not too worried about it. (Not quite what you asked... but this is where I've gotten...)

I didn't like how from there clients could see each other's names (can't access the page, but they see who the other current clients are). So I installed s2member plugin. That is helping me create customized access for each client. I'm not sure if that might enable some of the functionality you are referring to.

There is also a plugin I used a while back that lets you further customize user access and add new user levels. [can't remember the name of it] but this plugin lets you choose exactly what a user can or can't see on the backend. I used it for customized blog user access, but it might help with the accounts clerk.

You can also edit the backend, through a plugin or hardcoding, to include your logos and remove the wordpess links if that is part of the issue.

• Ryan ARyan A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! I have just installed the latest version of the plugin and in the settings page it allows you to set contributor, editor and author level access to be able to access wp-invoice. I just made a test user and found I could not access the tool at all. Could you explain please Andy?
        Cheers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base