After you purchase your WP-CRM extension, you will need to assign a license to the domain name of the website you will be using it on. Each extension purchase includes two licenses: one for your staging (test) website, and another for your production (live) website.
Before you can install your extension, you must follow these instructions to assign a domain license to it.
- To assign a license, log into your UsabilityDynamics.com account and visit the My Account page.
- Under the Licenses & Downloads subtitle, locate your extension title and type in your website domain name into one of the fields. Click Save.
- You have two licenses available to you. One license is for your production (live) website, and an optional second license for a staging (test website).
Once you assign a license to your extension, you can then proceed to install the extension on your website. Remember, the website domain name must match the domain name used to assign the license.
- Log into your website's WordPress dashboard.
- Visit the Settings page of WP-CRM.
- Within the Premium Features tab, click the Check Updates button.
Notes and Troubleshooting
If you are unsure of the domain name to use for your license, visit the Premium Features tab of WP-CRM. Beside the This is your domain subtitle will tell you what domain name to use when assigning extension licenses to that website.
Localhost and 127.0.0.1 are prohibited when assigning a license. Be sure to setup your WordPress installation on a different domain if developing locally (ex: development.loc).
- Ensure the permissions of your premium folder is 777. The premium folder is located in plugins > wp-crm > core of your WordPress directory.